Phew, that was a busy week with the Ashbourne Arts & Crafts Fair last Sunday. We are still wrecked and don’t know yet if we are going to continue being marketeers. They are a special crowd these market people. Lovely they are, certainly eccentric and not boring at all. We got an invitation to join a Christmas market in some only-god-knows-where village in Meath (“only a 40 minute ride from Ashbourne… all you need to do is transfer 20 Euros to my bank account and you’re in”), were approached by a photographer who wants to set up some sort of online-registry for local businesses, chatted with the neighbours (knitwear to the right, crafts equipment behind and handmade Christmas ornaments to the left), were catered for with chocolate by the folks with the stall opposite and were given business advice by a lovely older gentleman who paraded the fair while his wife sold the hand-pressed flax seed and hemp oils. We also did some business. Who would’ve thought? 😉
Here are the pictures of our first outing. Until the next time. Maybe somewhere in Meath. In a barn…
I’m liking the new blog. Also is your soap 100% Irish by virtue of it being made in Ireland or do you have Leprechauns as slave labor? 🙂 Wouldn’t it be just a little German since you’re making it?
Austin would be the Leprechaun slave labour. 😉 Let’s say it’s 95% Irish by location and labour – the remaining 5% are German. 😀